Xbox Live is an online gaming platform designed and introduced by Microsoft in 2002. Xbox Live is a gaming hub for gaming enthusiasts. The platform is flooded with loads of exciting games that users play online. Xbox live requires its monthly subscription to offer multiple online games to its users. Millions of gaming enthusiasts around the world prefer Xbox Live over other gaming platforms. Xbox Live often uploads new amazing games to keep its users interested in the same. Besides its various amazing services, many of the users often ask how they can disable Xbox Live due to several reasons. If you are an active Xbox Live user and are willing to do the same, then you have come to the right place.
Here’s how to disable it on Xbox One
If you have an Xbox console, then you can disable Xbox Live directly with your Xbox console. It is the first and amongst the best methods by which you can disable Xbox Live in no time. If it’s the scenario then its best to set your Xbox console offline that will automatically disable Xbox Live.
To set your Xbox console offline, and to disable the Xbox live, follow the steps below:
- At first, press that Xbox button available on the controller.
- After that, choose System.
- Now, go to Network option and select it.
- After that, choose Network Settings inside the Network section.
- There lies the option Go Offline, select it to set your Xbox One offline.
To set it online again, follow the same process, and choose Online instead of Offline in the last step.
Here’s how to disable Xbox Live on Xbox 360
It is another effective method you have to disable Xbox Live in no time. Several 360 games still work fine offline, but there are many features that you won’t be able to use like chatting with your friends and much more. To set your Xbox 360 offline, you need to set it as a home console first, and then you need to turn off the network connection. Follow the steps listed below to do so:
- At first, you need to press the Xbox button available on your controller.
- Next, choose Settings available at the top right corner in a cog shaped wheel.
- Next, choose Personal and then choose Home Xbox.
- Now, press B to go back to the Settings menu.
- After that, choose Network.
- Now choose Network settings under Network section.
- There, choose the Go Offline option, and you are good to go.
Emily Johnson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.